Thanks to the innovation of Frameblock, the anti-theft frame, MilanoBike has signed an insurance policy with Zurich Insurance plc- General Representation for Italy that provides a refund in case of material and direct damage resulting from the total theft of the insured Frameblock frames.
Valid throughout Italy, the insurance has a duration of twelve months starting from the day of purchase (from the receipt date – or equivalent tax document – accompanied by the stamp of the authorized seller). This insurance has no extra-cost to the customer.
What does it consist of
Following a theft damage, MilanoBike will activate the insurance cover: the customer will be able to buy back a bike with the same characteristics and get a maximum discount of 800 euros for e-bikes and 200 euros for other bikes. For each single frame, MilanoBike will be able to exercise the guarantee only once per customer.
What to do in case of theft?
In the event of theft, the customer must, within 5 days of the date of the theft:
- Report the theft to the Police by indicating 1) the purchase details (receipt or fiscal invoice); 2) the details of his MilanoBike bicycle or e-bike (key ID code, frame serial number, engine serial number) ; 3) describe how the theft occurred;
- Return to MilanoBike the keys of your FrameBlock with a copy of police report.
- Present all existing and supplied keys with the relative identifier, legible and corresponding to the sell’s invoice and/or in the seller’s records;
- Present the certificate attesting the correspondence of the frame/key number with the goods sold and stolen;
- Submit an invoice and/or electronic invoice containing the identification data.
The extract from the General Conditions of Insurance is available here.